[DeTomaso] zf oil

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sat Apr 18 14:34:27 EDT 2009

What I ended up doing is tipping the ZF on its side to pour in some more oil, rotating the axle flanges around a couple of times, then gradually moving it upright but a a slight angle forward, meaning the back of the ZF was raised about 1 12/" from being level.  When I did that , oil began dribbling out the fill hole, so at that point I put the threaded hex-bolt back in place.

All told, it took 3 quarts (with about 1/8 of a quart ending up on the floor).  I'm guessing it wasn't completely drained.

Based on the majority of opinions on the forum, it sounds as if it's good.

Thanks!

Chris