[DeTomaso] cleaning engine bay metal question, polished ZF won't polish easily

Brent Stewart bjbstewart at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 21:14:50 EDT 2009

One point - I tried polishing with my drill motor that only went to 1400 RPM - seems that isn't nearly enough to make any progress. When I changed to a buffing wheel attached to my bench grinder I had great success (obviously not on my ZF). I recall reading somewhere that 3k RPM is about right...

brent