[DeTomaso] cleaning engine bay metal question, polished ZF won't polish easily

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 17 17:07:39 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I noticed a lot of tarnish etc on my valve covers, polished ZF and bellhousing and intake after the winter.  I used two compounds, one for my wheels and the other is the blue magic metal polish.  Neither work well and I can see these little "gray snowflakes" all over it even after polishing.   The polishing makes the surface shiny but still these tarnish spots are everywhere.  It looks awful.  I did not have these problem last year.  These same chemicals did seem to work well last year however!!

I am going to a car show in one week and need a locally available polish/chemical that will work better.  Any suggestion?

Thanks

Clay