[DeTomaso] Good deal on crate motor on e-bay??

tony DiGiovanna tonydigi at optonline.net
Tue Apr 14 19:28:35 EDT 2009

Buyer beware.  IMHO, it isn't worth $4250 without a reliable supplier
warranty, and I wouldn't put it in the car until I'd tested it thoroughly
myself.  You never know what you're getting.  I don't think I see anywhere
near $8000 in parts there.  That's already a suspicious claim.  Also, I have
never seen a 351CID cleve, with stock heads (no sign of port/bowl work),
make anywhere near that kind of HP number on 10.3 compression, let alone at
5200RPM.  I'm not a believer.