[DeTomaso] Anybody know just about how many roadworthy Panterasexist in the USA?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 13 14:01:34 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/13/09 8 05 3, spkorb at gmail.com writes:

> I read in one of my Ford history books there were about 4200 Panteras
> imported through 1974, but I've seen reports of up to 5500.

Ford (this doesn't include Euro cars).   Ford's import numbers are rock-solid.
  I do believe that 1972 saw the highest number of importations, with
slightly less in 1973, and considerably less in '71 and '74.

My car was built in July '72, released from the warehouse to the dealer on
3/15/73 and first sold on 8/7/73.

> One sticks out like a sore thumb, and the other is like a flower among the
> ashes.  Both have their enthusiasts.
>
>>>Have you ever seen the Dekon Monzas race?   A friend of mine owns one
and won his class at the Monterey Historics in his.

Pantera Content--they appear to use a Pantera (which is to say, a fairly
standard Cam Gears) steering rack. :>)