[DeTomaso] Anybody know just about how many roadworthy Panterasexist in the USA?

Trevor Fougere trevor at fougere.com
Mon Apr 13 13:27:28 EDT 2009

Here's one way of estimating.  Feel free to change the percentage estimates
to suit your own taste:

6500 - Cars Sold World Wide

93.5%  imported to US leaves 6077.5 cars

5% net export/import of imported vehicles since then leaves 5773.6 cars (95%
of 6077.5)

10% wrecked, crushed, recycled, abandoned to rust leaves 5196.3 cars (90% of
5773.6)

5% trailer queens ( not counted as driveable vehicles) leaves 4936.4 cars(
95% of 5196.3)

50% in restoration, broken in the garage,  in the shop, otherwise unable to
drive leaves 2468.2 cars (50% or 4936.4)

90% of operable cars registered and insured leaves 2221.4 cars (90% of
2468.2)

90% of registered and insured cars that are driven with any regularity
leaves 1999.26 cars (90% or 2221.4)

So my guess is about 2000.  Subject to all my grotesque assumptions about
the percentages of each category.

Statistical anomalies will abound.  There are 3 that are regularly driven in
Novato, CA a "city" of 50,000. I suspect the numbers are much lower for
places like Crosby, North Dakota. (No disrespect to the denizens of ND)

Trevor