[DeTomaso] Fwd: OT! Temporary tags at Silver State Classic Challenge!

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 12 11:28:20 EDT 2009

Boyd,

Point taken, but my comment about the license wasn't aimed at anything you said, just based on personal experience. After all we are dealing with DMV here, a law unto themselves.

I keep some of my vehicles at another location outside Washoe County smog area and for a long period I constantly received letters from the NV DMV enforcement division questioning why the address on my license was not that where my cars were kept. After explaining, they then wanted proof of both addresses with rent receipts etc. for the lock up/storage.

NV also only accepts proof of insurance directly from insurance carriers. There was an incident locally whereby they didn't get timely response from individual's insurance carriers, so numbers of people had their registration canceled and a $250 fine slapped on them. This only got resolved once the local News channel picked it up and ran with it.

The moral of the message is don't take anything for granted where NV DMV are concerned.

Julian