[DeTomaso] [SPAM] Our New Long Island member is running inthe "Gumdrop Ralley"

Clark Family cclark at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 12 00:05:33 EDT 2009

Regarding the Cannonball Run Pantera...

Out of curiosity for an article for the newsletter, I contacted Brock
Yates about the Hopkins team after reading his book 'Cannonball'
last year.  He was nice enough to write back and said he has no
pictures and didn't have contact info.

Using clues from the book I found that Danny Hopkins ran Can Am in
1973 for the Commander Motorhomes team.  Here is a page with a
picture of him in the #98 McLaren M8F.  Commander and Danny only
ran in 1973, they brought Mario Andretti on that team too.

http://forums.autosport.com/printthread.php?threadid=90595

More photos here:

http://www.yesterdaysneuz.com/1973%20CanAm/index.htm

Here is his whole racing history:

http://www.ultimateracinghistory.com/racelist2.php?uniqid=14108

Then the trail goes cold.  The book is a fun read.
-Chris