[DeTomaso] Distributor

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Sat Apr 11 13:41:18 EDT 2009

I currently run a Mallory small distributor. It has only 3 5/8" dia cap. The motor is out, but I remember it being very close to the firewall. I'm going to be running FAST EFI and would like to use their 8377 crank trigger distributor but it has a 5 1/8" diameter. Too fat, no? I know the 8577 should fit and it is 4 5/8", I think??
What if I swap the motor mounts? The holes are offset. My rough calculations would put it back by about 5/8".
My rear ZF mounting tabs have been modified so moving back doesn't matter with the mounts.
Thoughts?
Will