[DeTomaso] Fwd: OT! Temporary tags at Silver State Classic Challenge!

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 11 13:10:55 EDT 2009

Hey, Welcome to Mexifornia...
Pay now or pay later!?
Hope you can work things out!
Good Luck

--- On Sat, 4/11/09, Bjoern Flesland <bflesland at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Bjoern Flesland <bflesland at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Fwd: OT! Temporary tags at Silver State Classic Challenge!
To: "boyd casey" <boyd411 at gmail.com>
Cc: detomaso at realbig.com
Date: Saturday, April 11, 2009, 8:58 AM

Hi Boyd,
Thanks a lot for your reply and info.
Reason I am trying to get temporary tags was to avoid the annual
registration fee in Californa because of minimal use of the car. And
due to the fee wasn't paid due time in february the amount has now
doubled itself...
At the moment the car is not insured.
I normally schedule an insurance for 1 month (which is the minimum)
when I use the car.
But the thing is that to activate the insurance again now is a
paperwork nightmare...
I was of the impression that temporary tags have insurance included
but that is probably NOT the case...Can this be 100% confirmed?
Car is to be used only during the NORC/SSCC events, just for 1 week
this time, and has been used sparingly for about 2 weeks previously at
same events.

So, to make it simpler for myself I just thought about having temp.tags...
Cheers,
Bjoern

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 5:25 PM, boyd casey <boyd411 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi , I don't know Nevada DMV but I do have allot of experience dealing
with
> various DMV offices in other parts of the country. The temp tags are used
> facilitate moving a car or driving a car as part of it's purchase. I
have
> never heard of a DMV issuing a Temp tag to the current owner of a car that
> is already registered. There is such a thing as a transport tag . These
are
> usually reserved for car dealers who need to move a car from the place of
> purchase to their facility or from their facility to a place of sale (
like
> an auction) Dealers usually have dealer tags but they have a limited
number.
> Say a dealer bought 20 cars at the auction he would use 20 transport tags
> bring the cars from the auction to his facility. The dealers have a stack
of
> these tags and fill them out as they need them. They are not issued by DMV
> on a per car basis. If you car is legally registered in California and
> insured why do you need a Nevada Temp tag? Any car that is legally
> registered and insured should be able to participate unless there is a
rule
> I am not aware off. If you have to get a Nevada temp tag it is my opinion
> that you will have to say that you are buying the car  and they will give
> you the tag for temporary use while you are waiting to either register and
> title the car in Nevada or in another state. You will need the title , but
> more importantly you will need the title to be signed as if it were being
> sold to you This will be difficult to pull off if you already are the
owner
> of the car ( as shown on the title). You could obtain a duplicate title
> from California and fill out the assignment  on the title as if you were
> selling it, in order to obtain the Temp registration but you would be
faced
> with the problem of having the temp tag in the name of the person you are
"
> selling it to" (You can't sell a car you already own to your
self)
> You will also need insurance in the name of the person who is "buying
"the
> car.  You can nullify the entire process after the event by going back
> to California  DMV and requesting a duplicate title to replace your
original
> that was "lost, stolen or destroyed" ( after you obtain
your Nevada temp you
> would want to destroy the title with the new 'Fictious sale info"
That would

<julian_kift at hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > You can find information on NV DMV here;
>> >

>> > http://www.dmvnv.com/
>> >

>> > I don't think you'll be able to obtain NV tags on a car
titiled and
>> > plated in CA, normally you would have to register the car in
Nevada (i.e.
>> > surrender the CA title and register the car in NV). That means
for a post
>> > 1968 you'll likely need a smog test too, unless you can
provide an address
>> > outside the urban areas which require smog i.e. outside Clark
County (Vegas)
>> > or Washoe County (Reno).
>> >

>> > You may be able to swing a temporary 'movement permit'
with an
>> > appropriate BS story to DMV, but those are normally for periods
of 24 hrs.

>> > I'm in Reno, if you need any physical help from this end.
>> >

>> > Julian

Classic

 I'm not sure what
Washington I