[DeTomaso] fans of the newcomer

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Fri Apr 10 21:19:16 EDT 2009

The SAGA is over !

I want to personally thank everyone on this website for being the
friendliest caring people I have ever come across. Your help was invaluable and  I
personally appreciate it very much.
Last week after trying to repair the engine I finally said uncle and gave
it to a mechanic.
The saga is now over ....Took off the old Holley 750 DBL pumper and
replaced it with a brand new Holley 650 DBL pumper electric choke ..  Engine
purred to attention immediately. Timing holding at 16 degrees.

Changed the oil because the engine was filled with fuel from the holley.I
am going to change the oil again tmrw just to be sure all the gas is out of
the  engine block.

Now for the good news!

This 1972 Red Detomaso Pantera has been sponsored in the Gumball3000.The
rally starts May 1st in Los Angeles California and will end on May 8th  in
Miami Florida. The car is being shipped this week directly out to PI
Motorsports.New tires,rims,intake manifold,new sucker fans and an all out check  of
all systems will be done . My son and I are going to make The Detomaso
Pantera proud. We are the only Pantera in the rally.

_www.gumball3000.com_ (http://www.gumball3000.com)

We will be coming thru Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, Santa
Fe,Dallas,Houston,New Orleans, Orlando into Miami.

Hope to see you all out there along the route.

Thank you all again for your help.

Robert
Team Pantera
recession.