[DeTomaso] Window regulator adjustment

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Apr 8 22:02:50 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/8/09 18 45 29, jefude at bellsouth.net writes:

> OK Mike, what is the proper way to open and close a Pantera’s door? I always
> pop the door handle and pull the door open from the door frame.
>
>>>If I can find them, I'll send you my collection of photos of broken door
frames that resulted from people doing what you do. :<(

> I was told years ago to avoid using the door handle to open the door to
> avoid breaking the pot metal handle.
>

>>>True.

>  I close the door by sort of tossing the door by either the door body or
> door frame. My door gaskets are very thick and if gently closed will not tot
> ally latch.
>
>>>To open the door, pull the latch to release it; the door should pop open
far enough to allow you to curl your fingers around the back side of the
sheetmetal on the back edge of the door, which is plenty strong.   The window frame
is NOT.

Inertia is a good way to close the door; the way Gary Hall showed me was to
place my thumb and forefinger along the edge of the bottom window trim (flush
with the top painted edge of the door), and press the door closed.