[DeTomaso] Fuel Gauge quit working

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:17:19 EDT 2009

Dont know if you need to pull sender but it is easy.  Just unscrew it and remove it.  Just avoid sparks and dont drop anything  (Including the 30 year old gasket pieces) in the tank.

Also, if you buy a new sender your gas gauge will be WAY off like mine and you will need the linear-"izer" they talk about or it will read mainly empty or too full with not much in between.

Would check the gauge in the dash prior to the gas tank though.  I am sure someone will know way more than me on how to chekc gauge electronically for function.  I changed my sender for larger gas lines and flow mainly.  Does it say empty or full?  Did you check the connections behind the gauge yet?

Clay