[DeTomaso] Tinted Windows & Rat Rod Pantera's

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Wed Apr 8 14:48:29 EDT 2009

Hehehe... yea....
I always make sure I -tell- the friendly officer I am about to
unbuckle my seat belt in order to retrieve my wallet.  This is
especially true when wearing my long black leather trench coat which I
will also need to move.  Their hand usually rests on the butt of their
firearm while their flashlight is focused on my hand.

Last time this happened was about a year ago when I was stopped for a
burned out headlight which I had found myself that morning, and had
just got out of Napa buying a new bulb.  I showed him the new bulb and
receipt, and he let me go without so much as a warning.   But he did
ask for my license which prompted me to tell him I had to unbuckle and
unwrap my coat to get it.

Best policy, do what they tell you, don't do anything unsuspected,
move slow.  It's amazing how fast someone can get into trouble even if
they never did anything wrong.

Asa Jay

Quoting adin at frontier.net: