[DeTomaso] NPC: Newer model Saleen, Shelby, Mustang ragtop

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 14:19:18 EDT 2009

I am looking to buy a newer but used ragtop mustang and I thought a few of you would be experts on this.  I have been trying to compare all the Shelby, Mustang Cobra and Saleens and I find some are 5, some 6 speed.  The horsepower ratings are all over the place as well as performance and opinions.

I would prefer a 6 speed rather than 5, want 400 HP or more prior to mods, and need it in a ragtop with good performance.  I plan to drive it daily but do want it to spank other sports cars.  Basically I want Z06 performance with a back seat.  The Saleen 2005 convertibles seem much more affordable than a Shelby.  I have also found some 2003 Cobras and Saleens with 400-500 RWHP that are cheaper yet with quite a few mods already done to them.

Thanks

CW