[DeTomaso] Radiator lay down kit hits hood, how to adjust it?

clay willmott claywillmott at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 7 12:03:15 EDT 2009

My radiator lay down kit with fluidyne rad. was installed by a vendor.  After I recently re-did all the work they did on this due to improper electrical work and those push in style pins I noticed the edge of the radiator barely touches the underside of the hood and has rubbed off some paint.  My pre work pics show it was already rubbing prior to me working on it and I assume  have adjusted it about a millimeter to make it worse.  I have the car and hood all back together.  It does not appear to be adjustable unless one removes the rubber bushings off the feet of the radiator mount which would lower the radiator some I surmise but rattle a lot?

Any advice to easily lower the radiator around 2 mm without taking it out of the car or the hood off again appreciated!

Thanks
Clay