[DeTomaso] Anyone have a car hauler heading to the east coast???

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Mon Apr 6 18:13:19 EDT 2009

Ron asked what car we were moving east...

We were moving a 1969 428CJ Cougar Eliminator to a new owner in MD. Original R-code survior! (R-code=Ram Air 428 Cobra Jet)

Driver finally showed up about 3hrs late on Sunday.....says that he got held up in a weigh station or some crap.....didn't even know they were open on Sundays!!!

I was going to ask for a business card, so I could make sure that I never hire the guy.......!!!!!    In this case, thankfully I did not hire him....just had to be present to see the car off......and the car was 2.5 hours away from home, so not a trivial thing to miss an appointment!

Anyway, the guy's name is Ben and he lives up in Redding.  Has an open trailer and was charging $1300 to move this car to MD.  I thought it was a tad high for an open trailer....and it was CERTAINLY high for someone that doesn't know how to return phone calls etc.....but that could be par normal for car haulers....

Next is to move (sell) a 1969 Torino Talladega, and two BD-5 airplane kits!  Someone needs some playground equipment right?  A whirly-bird two airplane ride thing in your backyard would be the talk of the neighborhood!!!

Ciao!
Steve