[DeTomaso] Mad Dawg on track in Reno?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 6 13:05:01 EDT 2009

Mad Dawg was attending his local POCA chapter meeting, just before the June
POCA convention and PCNC track event.   Everybody was used to hearing his
bluster about running in open road races etc. etc., and somebody asked him if this
was the year that he would FINALLY drive his Pantera on a real racetrack with
the rest of the gang.

He told them, “No, I can't go to Reno this year, because I'm doing all these
other ORR events, and Maryanne just won't let me go to one more.”

After taking a lot of well-deserved heat about being completely whipped etc,
the meeting ended and he slunk back home to the missus.

When everybody started showing up at the racetrack a couple of weeks later,
they were surprised to see Mad Dawg there, with all his swag rolled out, fresh
race tires on the Pantera, a little camp stove cooking some breakfast, cup of
coffee in-hand, and a bag of macaroons at his side.

“How did you talk Maryanne into letting you come, Dawg?” they asked.

“I didn't have to.” was his reply.

“See, after the club meeting, I came home and slumped down in a chair with a
beer to drown my sorrows.   Then Maryanne snuck up behind me, covered my eyes
and said 'Surprise!'”

“When I peeled her hands back and looked around, she was standing there in a
see-through negligee, and she said, 'Carry me back to the bedroom, tie me to
the bed and you can do whatever you want.'”

“SO HERE I AM!”