[DeTomaso] Doors blown off by Honda S2000 :<(

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sun Apr 5 20:55:07 EDT 2009

Dear Chastened Mike,

           1) Yup, them S2000 are very respectable little sports cars.   I was an instructor for a guy with one about eight years ago at Hallett.  I was so impressed, I still want one.

           2)   Good parts do not an engine make.   Please take notes when Dan Jones opines on your engine parts options and selections.   As a complete idiot & neophyte, I followed his advice and built a 401 HP dynamo with pretty modest parts chosen with his input.   Its not the parts, but how they play together.   Given the new knowledge forthcoming from the dyno project, I think you'll have the recipe and specs for a marvelous powerplant a la Dan Jones.  Oh, and I don't think that you'll have any problem sponsoring an engine pulling party at your place.........

           3) Send the Dan Jones Dyno Project money.  It is for a very, very good cause.

                      Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles