[DeTomaso] pictures

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Apr 4 14:50:33 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/3/09 2:15:33 PM, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:
snip.....
> The rotation of the tire and wheel might act as an impeller of sorts to
> generate air pressure in addition to the air pressure generated by the forward
> motion of the car.....

I think that underbody air is likely pretty warm, being made up of air heated
by the highway, air thats gone thru the radiator and heat from the headers.
Gary Hall used to sell a small air-to-oil cooler bolted to a louvered splash
shield in front of the pass side rear tire. Apparently, your description is how
that system worked. How well it worked is unknown, but apparently it does flow
air. More experiments needed! FWIW- J Deryke