[DeTomaso] pictures

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Apr 4 14:37:45 EDT 2009

In a message dated 4/3/09 1:35:10 PM, garth_rodericks at yahoo.com writes:

> 'As a result of this cool technology (using the A/C to cool a small
> container of liquid for an intercooler), the SVT Lighting concept can give its
> driver as much as 50 transient horsepower for short bursts of 30-45 seconds and
> regenerate within 2 minutes under normal driving conditions. While its effect
> is similar to that of an aftermarket nitrous oxide system, the SuperCooler is
> completely self-contained, environmentally friendly and regenerative'.

The keys here may be 'short bursts' and 'transient' extra power. I remember a
twin-turbo-Mustang showing up a year or so back at an ORR with a 30-gallon
ice/water/electric pump intercooling system. The write-up said the extra cold
air and power it gave apparently only worked for 3 or 4 miles in spite of the
tank still having ice in it.... Made for a really heavy 'passing gear' system in
place of simpler, lighter nitrous.   FWIW- J Deryke