[DeTomaso] Fwd:  fixing the economy (npc content)

RFogle1 at aol.com RFogle1 at aol.com
Fri Apr 3 16:03:27 EDT 2009

I guess I don't know how the  government can fix much of anything, and
lately I've heard the the   economists now think FDR's  spending just
prolonged the depression....

It's interesting, it really depends on what economists you listen  too.  I've
been reading articles, for the last three or four  years, written by
economists who are followers of the Austrian school of  economics.

<_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schools_of_economics_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schools_of_economics) >

Their thoughts make sense to me, and do not rely on complicated formulas
that only a few people in the world understand.  These guys, and women,
predicted what we are experiencing today, but their opinions have been  marginalized
by the mainstream, media, bureaucrats and economists.   They only talk about
Keynesian economic theory, that in this situation,  prescribes government
spending to make up for a lack of consumer spending, a la  Hoover.  Keynesian
economists justify today's spending by saying Hoover's  mistake was that he did not
spend enough.  We're not going to make that  mistake again!  Most of the
Austrian guys, say that this will only  make it worse.  The Fed. is in effect
printing money, and every time they  print a bill out of thin air the one in your
pocket is worth less, which means  inflation, and lots of it.  Austrians also
blame the Federal Reserve  for artificially keeping interest rates low.  Low
interest rates create  cheap money and cause home buyers, investors and business
people to  make purchase decisions based on the cost of money rather than the
 underlying value of the asset.  They tend to overpay,  think  Barrett
Jackson.  That 68 Cuda has been worth 30 - 40K for years, what  suddenly makes it
worth 200K?  Low interest rates also  discourage savings and the accumulation of
capital that is needed to  create new businesses and jobs.  In the past when
people got layed  off, they would tap their savings and start a small
business.  That's not  going to happen now, most people are tapped out, and upside
down.

Don't get me started, Ron

Ronald M. Fogle

President
Cuyahoga Valley Management, Inc.
PO Box  102
Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44222
330-592-5189 phone
216-581-6494 fax

In a message dated 4/3/2009 2:54:19 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,