[DeTomaso] pictures

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 3 14:02:21 EDT 2009

I've been searching for this article for years...very concise & easy to understand test results.  In the real world, there

are greater and easier gains to be had by lowering intake temps than raising pressures.  Real world! not counting superchargers

and the like.  Just taking air from somewhere cooler than the normal engine compartment air was better than ramming air into the engine.  You get the best of both from a scoop usually, but the benefit comes from the temp drop. Reducing air pressure below atmospheric was not in the cards.  I guess you could design/build a scoop bad enough to actually lower pressure around the carb.  Whatever....what were we talking about?

Michael

Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa...BBORR...4 Panteras, 1 GT40