[DeTomaso] 1972 detomaso pantera

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Fri Apr 3 02:50:11 EDT 2009

LEVITT1946 at aol.com skrev:
> Hello from the newcomer .
>
> Just finished putting new distributor cap,rotor and made new 8.5mm msd
> wires.
>
> The firing order from what i have been told and i see in my manual is .
> 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8.

Correct.

> On the distributor cap I know clearly where numer one plug should go. If  you
> are looking at the engine from the back of the car the left (driver side )
> side of the engine is 1-2-3-4 and then 5-6-7-8...correct?

No, the right (passenger) side of the engine is 1-2-3-4, front to back,
and the left (driver) side is 5-6-7-8, front to back.

> If you are looking at the distributor cap .Please tell me this is  correct
> .The one faces the back of the car .
>            2       6
> 7                        5
>             coil
> 3                         4
>          1        8

Incorrect, the Ford distributors rotate CCW.

> I have also been told that the firing order could be 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8

No, that is for non-HO 302:s (and smaller) and big blocks. The 5.0:s,
351W, 351C, and the newer modular motors have 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8.

Cheers,
Thomas