[DeTomaso] NPC - The 24 Hours of LeMons

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 2 19:21:22 EDT 2009

Folks, I dropped by Lethal Injection, a car shop next to Grimes
Automotive who is building our 429 Boss Shadrach, and caught them in the
middle of preparing a car to race in the 24 Hours of LeMons.  Yes, that
is the right spelling - LeMons as in lemons.

If you haven't heard of this race series (I hadn't), you should look at
it's web site www.24hoursoflemons.com/.  It is a 24 hour race
(in several segments) that has the wildest and craziest format you will
ever come across.  They have 10 events scheduled across the country in 2009.

When you go to the web site, take a gander at the Prices & Rules section
and read all of it.  This is for real!  You gotta love these guys.

I only wish I could go to the one this weekend in Kershaw, SC.  They
have about 100 cars registered that will run on the 1 mile road track.
The cars if placed end to end would be take up over a third of the race
track.

What a two day party this has got to be.

Dick Koch - Atlanta