[DeTomaso] fixing the economy (npc content)

Lynn Wall cars at wt-inc.com
Thu Apr 2 18:39:47 EDT 2009

Stock price does NOT reflect the "value" of a company.  It represents the
"bet" people are willing to make regarding the future movements of the stock
market, that particular segment of the market and finally rumors (sometimes
facts) regarding the position the company is in to leverage external
market/governmental forces.  This is why there is the term "market
capitalization" (number of shares in the market times the share price) and
"company value" (assets minus liabilities).  Either way for GM it is not a
pretty picture for the reasons others have identified.

I don't think the government wants the company nearly as much as it wants
the union membership to continue voting for them.  Either way, and I have
said this before on this forum, look for the US to spend about $100 billion
more in an attempt to save the $20 billion they already put in.

Slippery slope, pouring good money after bad, pot committed (poker term)
pick your saying, just about any of them work.  Very few of the people, if
any, on this forum (including myself) know the incredible complexities of
the GM brand many of which will be sold to us as necessary for the security
of the US and therefore we must save.

I personally think the government is trying to desensitize us to the terms
"trillions" and "billions" so when they tell us that the next social program
will cost us $1 trillion dollars we will say "golly, at least it is not 2
trillion" and our silence will be interpreted as support.

I will now slip back into obscurity

Lynn, shaking his head while driving his Chevy Duramax diesel