[DeTomaso] For those of you that may want to fly higher than Mad Dog.... NPC!

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Thu Apr 2 18:05:24 EDT 2009

At the PCNC meeting the other nite, I mentioned a "collection" of car stuff that I was helping an old friend sell.  He's still with us...so it's a collection and not an estate thing.... :)

One of the items that some of the PCNC guys asked about was his BD-5 airplane kits of which he has two.  One long wing(BD-5B) and one short wing(BD-5A), if you know about these....ie James Bond and Octopussy, where a jet version of one of these was used and it was in the "fly thru the hanger" scene....  These are prop versions.

One is partially assembled, and the other is still in boxes.

These would make great wings for Panteras, or go karts with attitudes, or parade vehicles, or even aircraft!  Tail number N555BD has been reserved with FAA for one!  (cute number....)

Check out this website for some pic's and pass it on to your aeronautical types....and help me do this guy a favor.  There were boxes and boxes of parts, rivets, heim joints, sealers, guages, and even one large box I forgot to take a picture of!

http://mysite.verizon.net/tcherry3/BD-5/index.htm

As a bit of history trivia, this guy was on the "other" flight (a "new" DC8) that landed in water where all 107 passengers disembarked safely!  He was the flight engineer, but the pilot made the mistake.....  water was the SF Bay!   He's been a friend and acquaintance for many years in car clubs before I joined PCNC, and his health, both physical and mental are failing, so when his wife called up and asked for help in dealing with his various cars and these kits,.....what's a guy to do but help.

These are located just east of Sacramento about 40 miles, just off of I80.
Lemmeno if I can answer any questions.

Thanks!
Steve