[DeTomaso] Brake vacuum hose

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Thu Apr 2 15:25:25 EDT 2009

I've sent away all the Aeroquip FC647 hose to the owners that asked
me for it and I have one 7ft peice left. Just enough for one more car.
If someone still wants a replacement hose that is a close facsimile
of the original power brake vacuum hose, the cost was $6.60 CAN per foot
and shipping is about $12 if you aren't in a big rush.
First come first served. Email me off list.

Barry

[DeTomaso] Brake vacuum tube and hose
Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Tue Mar 3 19:05:41 CST 2009

I went through all this with my car and found that the original vacuum
hose was actually an Aeroquip product. The type I found to replace it was an
Aeroquip FC647-08BLK. I bought all the stock a local industrial Aeroquip
distributor had. It is a fire resistant synthetic
rubber hose with a textile braid reinforcement. It's rated good for
28in/Hg of vacuum service as well as a lot of other pressures that we
don't need. It also just happens to look a lot like the original hose.