[DeTomaso] Pantera Problems for new Long Island ownwer

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Sun Apr 5 15:23:47 EDT 2009

All good steps.

I would check the timing static (motor not running). Lets not get it all hot
to work on.

1. pull #1 plug, pull coil wire
2. bump starter till it blows your finger off the spark plug hole
3. turn motor by hand (at the flywheel) in the same direction the starter
was turning till the timing marks line up. (yes they could be off but we
have to start some place)
4. remove the cap to see if the rotor is pointing at the location of the #1
wire.

If it is way off you have more problems. If it is off but close adjust it by
turning the dizy. To align the wire and rotor tip.

If it is way off I would then try timing it with the light or by ear.

Larry (you need to live closer to me) - Cleveland