[DeTomaso] 1972 detomaso pantera

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 14:14:20 EDT 2009

That's why I advised him to start at square one and make sure all the basic
values are set correctly. The one clue is that the car was running okay
until Robert removed the wire holding the choke open and tried to repair the
broken choke. Everything was cool until he tried to eliminate the Jury
rigged choke.Boyd
As far as throwing money away. someone suggested getting a carb that was
known to be good and using that as a starting point. Here in New York (lOng
Island ) a "Good" high Performance mechanic will easily cost more then a
remaned carb. So it is a toss up as far as trying to replace the carb since
the car ran well ( he drove it in "the great race" to buffalo and back  over
900 miles) before he tried to "fix the choke".

Boyd