[DeTomaso] Pantera Problems for new Long Island ownwer

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Thu Apr 2 13:33:22 EDT 2009

Spark plugs:
NGK or Autolite ONLY.  My personal favorite are NGK.

NO PLATINUMS.  NONE, NADDA.  DO NOT INSTALL.  You most likely will be sorry.

650 for a street engine is more than adequate.  A 750 is overkill, way
overkill.  If the engine has been built for high horsepower and
torque, then a 750 should work fine, but the 650 is a much better
choice for most folks. I run a 635 Carter on my Mach I with a 351C,
mild street/strip build and so far it's all the carb I need.

When it chugs, is there any backfiring through the carb or exhaust?
Does the engine turn over very easily or odes it catch, turn, catch,
turn?

Asa Jay