[DeTomaso] fixing the economy (with p content)

Robert Kirk kirkbrit at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 2 08:50:52 EDT 2009

I always hate to wade into a good conversation with facts but GM stock does not reflect the value of the company.  It simply reflects the value of the stock at a given point.  The facts suggest  that GM owes more than its worth and much of that debt is to its workers but also includes its salaries and bonuses to top management and of course the corporate jet leases.

I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember real railroads but what is happening to GM etc is similar.  Both the union and management are content to bleed all they can from the dieing animal and leave taxpayers what's left.  On the other hand Conrail and Amtrak have been doing a mostly adequate job.  I am just puzzled at why it costs as much to take an Amtrak as it does to fly anywhere other than the land of the "effete corps of impudent snobs who characterize themselves as intellectuals" (east coast corridor)...but then again that's why we have our cats and gooses.

The more clever remarks above are via Nixon era speech writers William Safire, Pat Buchanan and/or Sprio Agnew himself.

Regards,
Robert Kirk
www.kirks-auto.com