[DeTomaso] speedometer cable

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 2 06:39:30 EDT 2009

on my ZF trans, the speedometer fitting is "loose."  In other words, the entire speedo housing can rotate in the transmission case.  I cant tighten it because the arm of the speedo housing hits the case before it tightens down.  It apparently has been this way for years.  Is this normal?

I took the bottom cover off to wire the ring gear.  I felt guilty doing it, since all of the bolts were tight after all these years.  I wonder if it was really necessary...  justin