[DeTomaso] 1972 pantera

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Wed Apr 1 15:59:56 EDT 2009

Hello again from the newcomer .

I am totally frustrated with the car now. Heres the latest.Last night I
opened the carb to clean the jets,floats ,fuel lines etc,Pulled a spark plug and
saw that it was as black as the ace of spades. I changed all plugs ,remounted
the carb after thorough cleaning.
Went to start the car and thought she would
purr.Instead.....chug,chug...chug...remove my foot from the gas peddle and she  shut down.tried adjusting
idle,mixture screws on the magnificent 4779-7(750cfm)  holley.Went to start her up
again....same  thing...chug...chug....chug.....stall...i pushed her back into
the garage and  tonight I am going to change mounting gasket per holley the
gasket should be an  open square instead of four circles.I will also as per
holley adjust  the idle screws to all the way in and then back out only 1/2
turn.My  fingers are crossed that this will cure all of these headaches.
I am still open for all suggestions. I will try anything at this point  .
robert
recession.