[DeTomaso] fixing the economy (with p content)

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 1 14:05:57 EDT 2009

I have tried to find out how many shares of GM stock are out there.  I think GM owes the UAW 20 billion, and I'm wondering how the 20 billion compares to the sum of the value of the shares?  The point being that if GM owes the UAW more than GM is worth, the UAW could buy GM if they thought it was going to survive, and in reality they have more influence on that than anyone else, and make a huge profit.  If the GM employees could buy GM but don't want GM, it's hard to see why the Feds should throw more tax $s at it.

So, does anyone know how much the GM stock is worth?  (I tried searching the Internet and found everything else)

Ken