[DeTomaso] Cylinder Head ID

Larry Weston lplugw at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 1 08:37:04 EDT 2009

Greetings everyone,
The casting # on your cylinder heads can be "seen" without removing them from the engine *if* the intake manifold is off.
Reach in and hold a piece of paper on the underside of the center pair of intake runners, rub the paper with a slightly dirty finger and the raised characters will transfer a mark to the paper.
Pull it out and take a look. That's how I confirmed my '74 with the numbered factory block has 1971 D1AE-GA closed chambered heads.
Larry.