[DeTomaso] NPC- No Tiger content -- Natural gas conversions

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Sep 30 15:44:50 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/30/08 12:00:15 PM, cars at wt-inc.com writes:

> Has anyone on the list explored the purchase and self-installation of a
> natural gas conversion kit on a Diesel truck?

Why bother when a conventional diesel will run fine on drain oil, ATF or
waste cooking oil, all of which places CHARGE you to dispose of? You may find
problems in refueling LG in some areas of the country, and that can restrict your
travel. Its no fun at all to sit in a closed LG refueling station, waiting for
morning so an attendant can unlock the pump..... Normally a turbo is added to
LG conversions to regain power lost with low-output LG, but adding a turbo to
a conventional diesel will blow your mind with the way it performs. The
biggest problem with 15 psi boost (2X power boost) is with stock head bolts; they
stretch and pop head gaskets but ARP makes better bolts.   Our turbo-diesel
towtruck patches all 4 rear tires under boost and get 15 mpg with a trailer
behind. Talk to Gale Banks for the real scoop on the choices you have with diesel.
Good luck- J Deryke

Looking for simple solutions to your
real-life financial challenges?  Check out WalletPop for the latest news and
information, tips and calculators.