[DeTomaso] Electronic ignition

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Tue Sep 30 15:08:53 EDT 2008

Depends upon the $ you want to spend.

I personally use the MSD Dist, and MSD -6AL Box and Accel 300+ Wires
with with excellent results.
I have a QFT SS-830 Carb and a fairly decent Track/Street cam ( see
specs at www.michaelspantera.com )

If I was going to start from scratch and had the cash to put into it
I'd use the Electromotive Distributor less package with 4 coils and a
Crank trigger, ( I loved them on the race cars I drove, never had a
problem in very extreme conditions ). ( I'll send you a photo of a
cool set up )

I'd be remiss if I didn't say that I think new owners should upgrade
brakes before making the cars go faster than stock, stopping under
control seems to always be more important and so many people ( present
company expected ) seem to want to go really fast and leave the
stopping and handling until later in the spend cycle.  I've seen way
too many good drivers with less power win races because they could
brake deeper and stick tighter on track and sadly seen too many people
die when they had run into immovable objects when the acceleration
performance was unmatched by the deceleration capabilities.

Michael in Savannah