[DeTomaso] POCA Board Endorsements

msm at portata.com msm at portata.com
Tue Sep 30 14:33:16 EDT 2008

The following are my personal recommendations as a member of the POCA
community and current POCA President.  They are not necessarily shared
by anyone else.

As Vice President, Mike Thomas will bring a fresh new perspective and
energy to the POCA Board.  Mike has a background in project management
which helped him establish the Panteras Northwest (PNW) chapter.  Mike
has been the President of the PNW since its inception in 2006.  With his
guidance, the PNW has rallied the Pantera owners in the Northwest US and
western Canada to make the PNW one of the more active POCA chapters with
drives, car shows, tech sessions, and other fun events.  Mike also took
the Fun Rally's Iron Butt award for longest drive to Las Vegas in a
Pantera (3,067 miles, round-trip).  With a mind for management and a
butt for driving, Mike is well suited to be our next Vice President!

Bob Reid who has been our Treasurer for several years is re-upping for
the new term.  Bob has handled all of our financial transactions, has
handled our financial summaries with outside reviews, has done our
taxes, and has negotiated the myriad of contractual details for our Fun
Rallies.  Bob will continue to be a great asset for us.

Mike Drew has been doing a wonderful job for the De Tomaso community.  I
call him our Ambassador to Europe for his frequent trips to Europe and
parts of the US to help people repair and upgrade their Panteras.  As
our Quarterly Editor for the last 14 years, he has written and published
52 editions of the Profile magazine which provided us with interesting
articles laid out with beautiful pictures.  Let's keep Mike in
circulation for another two years.

Lee Farrell took over the Advertising and Publicity Coordinator position
from Dave Bell when Dave moved overseas.  During his tenure, Lee has
tracked ads and ad revenue and has kept advertisers current on their
bills.  Lee, whose background is in marketing, has ideas for increasing
advertising to bring in more revenue and more vendor participation.
Let's bring Lee back to promote his vision for the next term.

With the support of your vote, I'll look forward to working with Mike,
Bob, Mike, and Lee in the coming year.  Their complementary skills will
help us serve the De Tomaso community well.