[DeTomaso] Maximum Tire Diameter

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 20:29:03 EDT 2008

I appreciate the comments about using Ford GT wheels and tires on a Pantera.
Based on everyones' input and measuring the clearance between my 26" diameter tires and the wheel well opening,
I think the Ford GT 28.9" OD tires are too close to the wheel well opening to fit, regardless of backspacing.
I'd be interested to know if anyone is actually running Ford GT wheels/tires on their Pantera??
I'm curious what's the largest diameter (tire OD, not wheel OD) rear tire I can mount on a stock bodies car without having wheel well clearance issues?
I know if I run a little narrower tires, I can get a backspacing that will allow me to clear the frame rails.
Just curious what's the largest OD anyone is running?? What tire width and wheel width are you running also??
I'd like to get at least 28" if I can.....???? Anyone close to 28"???? Thoughts????