[DeTomaso] NPC Re: 1969 Mustang Mach One Auction Started

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Mon Sep 29 19:57:02 EDT 2008

Asa Jay

Well, ya gotta admit, Ford did do some pretty strange things! A 2 bbl carb
with a shaker hood ??????

Truth is stranger than fiction.

I know there's lots of fiction to gho around tho.

Barry

asajay at asajay.com wrote:
Mon Sep 29 18:12:33 CDT 2008

Don't you know that Ford came out with the Mustang in the 50's?  Yup,
I met a guy one time who owned one back then.  Try as I might to
explain they first appeared in 1964½, he assured me I was wrong as he
owned one in the 50's.  I told him it was too bad he sold it, he
agreed and walked away.

Then there was supposed "Mustang Expert" that told me my Mach I could
not have come with a C6 transmission, as Ford never sold them that
way.  Yea, some guy along the way mocked up a build tag and riveted it
to the door.  Okay buddy, I'm just gonna go somewhere else for expert
advice now, see ya.

Nice car.
Asa Jay