[DeTomaso] EFI for 351 clevland

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 29 15:47:45 EDT 2008

I put Webers on my car earlier this year.

I switched to 42mm chokes (stock is 37mm).  Other than that, they're the way
they came.  I have some jets, but I haven't had a chance to try them yet.

My gas mileage dropped from about 19 mpg to about 15 mpg.  Right now they're
making 0 mpg.  They don't work so well on 7 cylinders.

They poofed black smoke if you pulled the throttle open real fast, so I'm
sure they're quite a bit too rich.

I didn't have any weird flat spots, but that's probably what you'd expect
with it too fat.

The linkage is a pain to get worked out.  The same would be true with EFI.
The linkage that Mike Trusty is providing is perfect.  You can see it on
Kirby or Mad Dawg's website.  The linkage you get from the Weber vendors is
tinker toys.

I'll get it back together later this year.  When I do, I'll do a write-up on
my Weber tuning experiences.  I plan on putting it on a dyno with Webers and
later with a Holley.  Target date is late Nov.

Will.