[DeTomaso] EFI for 351 clevland

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 10:59:36 EDT 2008

Yea, but none of your cars run either ;-]>

Larry - Ohio Time Corp <larry at ohiotimecorp.com> wrote:  Hugh,

I am compelled to answer this question so that you get equal unbiased
replies on each side of your question.

Reasons to install EFI in your car:

You want more HP and TQ
You want it to start and idle every time
You want it to run like your Honda
You have a Triple Platinum Master Card and know how to use it
You are a geek and love computers
You always wanted to learn programming
You are better with a mouse then a mallet
Wires and sensors are your life
You celebrate Edison's and Tesla's birthdays every year
You like to ware woman's clothes

Reasons to install Webers:

You want to learn how to pump a carb 1.5 times (once and it will not start,
twice and you will flood it) as it has no choke
You always wanted 8 single cylinder motors all in one
You want to learn to curse in Italian
Elvis' Pantera had a carb
You enjoy the sound of an old Swiss watch as it ticks
You like to tinker
Your grandfathers clock is run by weights and not a D cell battery
You would rather drink a fine aged Kentucky whisky then a pint of MD 20/20
out of a paper bag
God has Webers

I have done two Weber conversions and have a third, my Pantera, in planning.
The complete Weber set up is sitting on the shelf in my shop, well Dan Jones
has it now on his mantel for a bit now.

My first conversion was a 1971 Dotson 240Z. A single Weber replaced two SU
copy carbs. You would have thought a V8 was put in. It transformed a good
car into a great car. I replaced that car with a new 1976 280Z with EFI. It
ran good but had no heart or sole. I ended up trading the car for my
Pantera.

The second conversion is on my 1971 MGB, just a few years ago. It runs and
sounds great. It still has a few bugs in it, but I like them. The motor has
creature and life. Nothing sounds like a Weber when your foot is on the
floor board.

I would be the perfect person to do EFI. I work with computers all day long
(network admin, programming, software support). I must have 40 computers
with a server in my shop too. I can also fix clocks. I must have 50 antique
clocks in my house. When someone asks me what time it is, I tell them to
look on the microwave, so I do know both sides. EFI is 100% the best way to
control a motor, just not the motors in my play cars!

I vote Weber!!!

Larry (just say no) - Cleveland

Larry Homolak
Ohio Time Corporation