[DeTomaso] The yellow Pantera (with video)

msm at portata.com msm at portata.com
Sun Sep 28 23:58:00 EDT 2008

Renato from Brazil has posted some pictures and video of a Pantera that held the Brazilian speed record in 1994.  It has an aluminum 408 with 180 headers and claims 500 hp at the wheels.  Be sure to turn up the volume when listening to the videos.

www.garagemdobellote.com.br/2008/09/de-tomaso-pantera-recordista-de.html

There is a passage in Portuguese which I cannot read well.  Here is the translation from Altavista.  The translation is not good, but it describes Renato's words well:

Urgent acknowledgment: in the last sunday a wild beast was seen by some incredulous inhabitants of the quarter of the Mooca. According to witnesses, it urrava and it had a yellowish color. Fera has a motorzão big block. The 408 V8 (6,7 liters) of aluminum almost pours 500 cv in asphalt. But, care, it are unmanageable and can attack without the lesser acknowledgment. Everything this thanks to "the brave" command of valves of the Crane, that keeps the shuffled snore. It only repairs in the air scoop in the ceiling. The felino one is only satisfied when it strains the muscles in a beautiful straight line. With this assay I obtained to take half of the Panthers (known) that they twirl in Brazil for the site. But this has something different. It was the Brazilian recordista of speed, mark gotten in 1994. In the first video I take the reader for good close to the "danger". We go to know cockpit of the machine - and its varied manometers - beyond the wild heart. In according to the monster it shows the claws (I ask for excuses for the tremedeira, but with this sharpened cavalry snorting in its ears, the heart together with beats the rotations of the engine).