[DeTomaso] Paul Newman

scott black timepiecepr2 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 21:32:30 EDT 2008

I had the good fortune to meet him a couple of years ago.  He was testing some of the old Nissan and other Trans Am cars, really just for fun at Road Atlanta.  We were working on a story for Panoz Auto Development with AutoWeek and wanted to shoot between sessions on the track.

Dan asked me go over and ask the team if we could do so since they had rented the track.  I had no idea Newman was there.  He was quiet and very gracious.  Newman in fact cut the session short so we could do the shots, saying the cars weren't really running worth a d*%n anyway.  It was really a classy move on his part.  Truly a cool guy.

Scott Black

TimePiece Public Relations
Dallas - Houston - New York
www.timepiecepr.com