[DeTomaso] EFI for 351 clevland

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 14:08:51 EDT 2008

I have a 1973 Pantera Land I am considering installing either 4 Weber IDA's
or a "weber style " throttle body EFI set up. I am looking for feed back on
performance differences between the actual webers vs the "weber Look" EFI.
If anybody has dyno comparisons or real life experience I would love to hear
about it . Also anyone with experience or knowledge concerning  using the
different   throttle body "weber style" EFI systems. I know  there are
several different makes available( redline, Imagine injection, TWM) to name
a few. Any body willing to share their expierience or opinion would be
welcome. I really like the "weber Look" I can install weber carbs for around
half the price of EFI ( as far as I can tell) I can do the webers including
the carbs , manifold, linkage for around $3000. The EFI including everything
including computer and software looks like it will run between $5000 and
$6900. I am intersted in knowing if the efi is worth the extra expense.

Thanks,

Hugh