[DeTomaso] bendpak single single pole lift

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Sep 27 14:30:02 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/26/08 5:45:49 PM, JJD1010 at aol.com writes:

> Any suggestions for a single pole lift. I have a ten foot garage but
> notenough room for 2 or 4 pole lift.

Sure- go find a failed gas station where the bits & pieces are up for
auction. When I bought mine, the going rate was $500 complete; the single tube
air-over-oil lift works off a 1-horse or larger air compressor. You regulate how far
up it goes with a valve, and a separate tube with safety stops at certain
points will hold the load at any height between 1 ft and about 7 feet. Most are
rated at 7-8000 lbs and overhauls are simple since the main tube seals with a
pair of simple o-rings. You dig a 7-ft-deep hole 24" in diameter, drop the
cylinder in, set it vertical and fill the hole in around it with fine sand; the
setup is not permanent and an be pulled any time (with a crane!) Good luck- J
Deryke