[DeTomaso] Post SS Foreniscs on "The Beast"

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 14:56:38 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/26/08 1:19:14 AM, dfcex at pacbell.net writes:

> I may just yank the rest of the engine anyway. It got so hot, probably due
> to the low oil pressure, it can probably at least use bearings.

My son once popped the radiator on our 350-Chev Z-28 in a torrential
downpour, and didn't notice for a few minutes so continued highway driving.   This
engine also got VERY hot. A top-end overhaul was wasted money since on startup,
the thing had low oil pressure. The crank bearings were fine. After a long
period of fiddling and denial, I finally found the CAM BEARINGS had failed during
overheating. Out came the engine & after doing a complete overhaul, the oil
pressure was back up to 60 psi hot. Bottom line: save time & money by pulling
the engine and checking EVERYTHING. My 2¢- J DeRyke

Looking for
simple solutions to your real-life financial challenges?  Check out WalletPop for
the latest news and information, tips and calculators.