[DeTomaso] Post SS Foreniscs on "The Beast"

teampantera at yahoo.com teampantera at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 04:34:33 EDT 2008

Duuuude
Pull it
------Original Message------
From: Dan Courtney
Sender: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com
To: detomaso at realbig.com
ReplyTo: Dan Courtney
Sent: Sep 26, 2008 1:10 AM
Subject: [DeTomaso] Post SS Foreniscs on "The Beast"

Got both heads off today. The pistons and valves look fine (to my eye) but the cylinders were full of water.
The head gaskets look fine, but both sides had standing water.
The plume I let out was probably steam, as the headers and exhaust gaskets show traces of significant water.
Now I'm trying to find how the water got into the oil.
I hope it's not a cracked block, but it was running real hot.
I'll probably bring the heads into the machine shop for thier exam. The one thing I noticed was #8 cylinder valves and that section of the head have a burnt brownish look.
Also noticed one of the spark plugs lost it's resistor.
I may just yank the rest of the engine anyway. It got so hot, probably due to the low oil pressure, it can probably at least use bearings.

Dan

Dan F. Courtney

Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA

Phone (858) 551-5455
Fax (858) 551-5456