[DeTomaso] Ceramic Fiber Cloth

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Thu Sep 25 19:23:15 EDT 2008

All,

I am in need of repairing/replacing my (HAZARDOUS MATERIAL WARNING!) asbestos firewall insulator pads in the Goose, and I understand that this stuff called "Ceramic Fiber" in a cloth form is the way to go. It actually looks pretty close to the original asbestos cloth.....

I am looking for less than a square yard of material, probably more like two square feet.... of 1/8" thick material.  Sometimes it is reinforced with long fiberglass strands, and other times with a metal strand.

Anyone have ideas on who/where may have smaller qty's available than 100ft long pieces????

Steve